2010年9月30日 星期四

Elegance from Argentina – Interview with Antonella Rodriguez

Q. When you hear a song, what do you focus on: the rhythm, the melody, or something else?
I usually dance following to the melody, I often choose very melancholy and romantic songs, and it has to see enough with my way of interpreting the songs.

Q. What needs to happen that makes you satisfied with a performance?
To felt completely liberated, connected with the music (especially if I am accompanied by the Orchestra of the Master Mario Kirlis), and felt that I transmitted to the public my love for this wonderful dance.

Q. If you needed to stop dancing for a while, what would you do instead?
I never imagined leaving without dance, but I think I’ll opt for some other type of art, perhaps theater.
To other side I like graphic design, I don’t know so much about it, I’ll like to learn.


Q. As we known, you studied Ballet and Modern dance too. How do you feel between Classical dance and Bellydance?
I didn’t  danced Ballet for so long, I did for three years, since I was fifteen years old, and less modern dance. But it is true the time that I studied Ballet, helped me a lot to have much better posture, between other things, is a discipline that I love but if I had to distinguish the two dances I will say that in the Bellydance we can enjoy and express ourselves differently, is much more free.

Q. Do you think what is the most important for dancers if they perform with live music?
It is important to have a first contact with the musicians to agree what we want to do in the show. We have to know their repertoire, many orchestras as well plays their own songs, performs classical songs of the Arabic Music, each one plays their own version, and while many may agree, in other cases we can have some surprises.
To dance accompanied by live music, gives a special touch to our performance, it moves to the audience as to the dancers.
The most important thing is to enjoy the moment fully, and be carried away by the music.






About Antonella Rodriguez
Her studies in Arabic Dance begin in the year 2004, with the professor Aziza Raquel Roman, who shared the love for this wonderful art and helped her to continuing growing. She found her real passion and decided to realize it in a professional way.

She began in the School of Arabic Dance, of the recognized and great ballerina Saida, fundamental in her professional career, and of great inspiration. In 2008 Antonella is summoned to form part of the prestigious Ballet Rakkasah. The same year she obtained the Professor's title of Arabic Dance. She is part of the teachers' Staff of the School of Arabic Dance Yamil Annum, great dancer and choreographer.

Antonella has appeared in diverse events, in big theatres of the city of Buenos Aires. It is necessary to emphasize the actions realized in the Cycle of Music and Arabic Dance of the Master Mario Kirlis, and in the Thematic Park “Tierra Santa”.

In the year 2010 she took part of the tour " ASIA TOUR ", crossing Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan, together with the Master Mario Kirlis, Matias Hazrum, Alejandro Curtarelli and the dancer Shanan, from April to May, giving workshops and shows. Nowadays Antonella offers seminars and shows for the interior of the country.





Videos Reference:
If you didn’t see Antonella’s performance yet, you may wonder to watch these videos and know her more:
Asia Tour 2010 – Taiwan (Taichung) – Baladi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4y0KPx6S10
Asia Tour 2010 – Taiwan (Taipei) – Rumba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQG8rbTK6L4
Ciclo de Música y Danza Árabe de Mario Kirlis 2008 – Baid Anak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93iydekCTAo






沒有留言: