2010年6月20日 星期日

[Why DANCE?] Fulfill the life with dance – A story about Aubre Hill.







您同時也可從此連結閱讀此篇文章的中文版: http://i-raqs.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-dance-aubre-hill_20.html


1. How did you start to dance?
I started dancing when I was 11 years old. I was obsessed with the movie "A Chorus Line." Dancing around the living room singing all the songs, my mother decided it was time to get me into a class. So I started a jazz class at the local dance studio. And I haven't stopped since. That was over 20 years ago. 

2. Why do you love dance? What made you love dance so much?
I have always loved to dance. It's when I feel the most honestly me. The most present, the most authentic to myself. It's completely in the moment and expression through every cell of my being. 

3. On this dancing journey, what is the deepest impression to you? What makes you happiest? What is the most meaningful to you? Dance is a way to communicate your view point to the world and to share your experiences as an artistic journey through life. I love both teaching and sharing dance as a journey with my students, as well as performing to explore my artistic journey as a performer and choreographer. It's all meaningful. I love every bit of it! 

4. What does Dance change you the most? Dance gave me a sense of respect and confidence in myself I wouldn't have otherwise. It has also given me a wonderful worldwide community to be apart of, my dance family!

5. How do you describe the relationship between Dance and you? ESSENTIAL! Dance is who I am and how I express myself. Anyone whom spends a little time with me sees this first hand as I dance and move to everything. It's breath for my soul. 

6. Do Teaching and Performing have different meaning for you? Do you have any preference? Why? 
I love both. Teaching is a wonderful way to share this art (and as an extension learn and appreciate the beauty of Arabic culture) and to help guide other dancers on their artistic journey. Performing is the active artistic expression of my ideas, views, and thoughts on life. I actually need both in my life in order to feel full-filled. They are very different though. As I teacher, I am invested in my students pathways and what they need to grow and flourish. As a performer, I'm can be more selfish and focus on my own viewpoint within my pieces. Both have a responsibility to the culture and art to represent with respect though.


About Aubre Hill

Aubre has been studying dance since she was a child growing up in Seattle. Her dance background includes classical ballet, jazz, hiphop, tap, and her main passion, Middle Eastern bellydance. Studying with such esteemed talents as Suhaila SalimpourSamaraJamila Salimpour,Tamra-hennaZahra Zuhair, Sahira (WA), Sahra Saeeda, and many others, Aubre has developed her own beautiful and elegant style.

Aubre performed with the Bellydance Superstars as well as served as Assistant Director while touring extensively through Europe and North America and can be seen on the "Bellydance Superstars: Live at the Folies Bergere" dvd. Aubre is also the winner of the IBDC Professional competition and Fusion division for 2007. She is now the Artistic Director of the Lumina Bellydance Company.






# Extended Reading
More about Aubre:



You also can find I Raqs on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-RAQS/136312526382477


沒有留言: