2010年6月27日 星期日

[Why DANCE?] A new life brought along with bellydance – Lisa Chen





您同時也可從此連結閱讀此篇文章的中文版: http://i-raqs.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-dance_27.html



1. How do you begin to dance?
My aunt sent me to ballet and folkdance class when I was around 5. Honestly, it was no different from piano class I had then. Years later, I sign up a local bellydance class upon seeing news report on TV because I hate to work out at gym and I thought I should at least do something to keep fit.



2. Why do you like to dance?
Precisely, I like to bellydance because I don’t need to dance with guys I barely know. Growing and educating mostly in women-dominant environment, I feel very comfortable and relaxed to bellydance.
Dance guides me to explore my inner world and find the true peace. It also leads me to know the world better and make friend with a group of nice and very talent people.



3. What is the most impressive thing while you learn to dance? When is the happiest moment then? When is the most meaningful or inspired period?
I survived a nearly-fetal surgery and intensive hospitalization afterwards with the faith that I want to dance again with friends. I visualized dancing with friends at the painful and scared moments. It helps me realize the beauty and true value bellydance gives to me.
I am very honored to dance with Suhaila Salimpour on stage and it is such wonderful experience. I learned and got inspired by her and it is the first time I feel the inner self coming out to the stage, awesome!



4. Tell us which part do dance change you most?
A lot. It changes me the way I view my body. I learn to put my body and mind together through dancing. I am inspired to learn more about the cultural and spiritual part of the dance I love. I also begin to enjoy percussion. Dancing with finger cymbals makes me feel powerful and womanly. Drumming together with friends also makes me feel great.



5. How do you describe your relationship with dance?
It is a healing process and it is also a journey guiding me toward a happier and healthier life. Dance completes me and I am so appreciated with what dance offers me. It is like the final chip to make my life into a vital circle.



*****************************************************************

About Lisa Chen

As a tribal dancer, Chen still enjoys other types of bellydance styles and appreciates dancers of different forms and styles. For her, bellydance is a key to open a gateway toward the world for exploring different cultures and arts as well as a secret path toward the female power passed through grand-grandmothers centuries ago. Bellydance is also a total solution to fulfill one’s life: we can share pleasant moments with friends through this dance, and enjoy being alone in the music as well.

In addition to bellydance, currently Chen lives at Taipei City and works as magazine editor, translator and copywriter for her clientele ranging from art trading, realty, to IT industry. She also engages in event planning and organization for local bellydance community with her past working experiences on multi-national projects. Chen is member of Taibo Flower Drums Ensemble, a Taipei-based ME and Arab percussion and dance troupe.



# Extended Reading:
Lisa Chen’s Blog:





沒有留言: